The direct sales industry has changed dramatically over the past twenty years. The advent of personal computers, the Internet, and wireless communication has changed people’s ability to access information.
The abundance of available information at our fingertips is both helpful and hurtful to entrepreneurs in the direct sales business. This wealth of information offers direct sellers the ability to easily communicate with potential recruits and buyers. However, this glut of information creates a challenge for direct sellers because consumers can switch vendors with the click of a mouse.
One of the mainstays of this technological revolution is Facebook. Facebook has over 600 million users and is a great place to promote and market your products. Social media sites are no longer just for uploading photos and letting friends know about your day. E-commerce has taken hold and smart business people are using sites like Facebook to grow their business and make more money.
Direct Sales On Facebook?
While most direct sales companies do not allow their affiliates to sell outside of their replicated site, some do.**
If you are in a company that allows you to sell products on your site or Facebook or you are starting your own direct sales company some of these Facebook apps may have an interest to you.
Best Apps For Direct Selling
Facebook has a few apps that can help you sell and market your products. Here is a brief overview of a few that are of interest to people who want to actually sell on Facebook:
- Marketplace. This is one of the most popular apps on Facebook and can be used to buy or sell virtually anything. This is a great way to sell directly to network friends.
- Social Store Builder. This is an e-commerce app that lets you sell products on your Facebook page. This app was created by Volusion; you must be a Volusion customer to use this app.
- Ecwid. This is a free Facebook app that can be integrated into your profile to sell your products. It’s very easy to set up and manage.
- PhotoZ. This is an application created by Zazzle that allows you to put photos of the products you are selling into your photo albums. Check out Zazzle.com and start selling on there; you will then be able to use this app on Facebook.
- Eventbrite. You can promote your next meeting, party, or training session on Facebook with this app. If you’re charging admission, you can even sell tickets. If you haven’t used it already, Facebook is a great way to promote upcoming events.
These are only a few of the apps on Facebook that offer benefits to people in the direct selling business. There are plenty of apps available for sellers who want to reach potential new customers. Utilizing Facebook and its wealth of apps is one of the best ways to push your business to a new level.
**NOTE: Please be sure that you are aware of your companies policy in this area!!